1 beef brisket weighing 4-6 lbs (Tip: Ask for a “point” cut of brisket with the fat layer trimmed to 1/4”.)
3 teaspoons Red Jar blend
2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
4 teaspoons salt
4 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
1. RUB: Mix Red Jar blend, brown sugar, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
2. If the fat layer is over 1/4” thick, trim it down as best you can.
3. Rinse brisket and pat dry. Sprinkle with all of the RUB and rub it in well.
4. Chill for 12-24 hours. Let sit for 2 hours at room temperature before cooking.
5. Heat your grill, smoker or oven* to 250 F. Cook the brisket for about 2 hours, then carefully remove brisket from the heat and wrap it tightly with foil.
6. Return brisket to heat for 6-8 hours until the internal temperature reaches 200 F.
7. Remove from heat, wrap foiled brisket in a kitchen towel and let sit for 60 minutes.
8. Slice brisket very thinly, cutting diagonally, and serve. BBQ sauce on the side.
*Note - When cooking meat in the oven, place it on a metal rack on top of a foil-lined baking pan to catch any drippings.