Mopped Baby Backs
1 rack of baby back pork ribs
3 teaspoons Red Jar blend
3 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons ketchup
1. RUB: Mix Red Jar blend, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
2.. Rinse ribs, pat dry, and remove the back membrane by sliding a butter knife under the membrane on one end, carefully peeling it off (or ask you butcher to remove the back membrane).
3. Measure 1 tablespoon of the RUB, sprinkle it onto the meaty side of the ribs, and pat it in. Chill ribs for 4-24 hours.
4. MOP: Whisk together remaining RUB with apple cider vinegar, water and ketchup.
5. Heat grill, smoker or oven* to 375 F.
6. Cook ribs for 1 hour and 30 minutes, mopping them quickly with the MOP mixture every 15 minutes (a basting brush is nice for this).
7. Remove ribs from heat, wrap in foil, seal tightly, and let sit for 15-20 minutes.
8. Cut and serve. BBQ sauce on the side.
*Note - When cooking meat in the oven, place it on a metal rack on top of a foil-lined baking pan to catch any drippings.