We like to make pulled pork sandwiches with this recipe. Simply pile the pork onto a burger bun and top it with our signature BBQ SAUCE and KILLER COLESLAW. Delicious!
1 boston butt (pork shoulder) weighing 4-6 lbs
3 teaspoons Red Jar blend
4 teaspoons packed brown sugar
3 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
1. RUB: Mix Red Jar blend, brown sugar, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
2. Rinse pork shoulder and pat dry. Sprinkle with all of the RUB and rub it in well.
Chill for 12-24 hours. Let sit for 2 hours at room temp before cooking.
3. Heat your grill, smoker or oven* to 230 F. Cook the pork for about 1 hour and 30 minutes per pound until the internal temperature reaches 200 F.
4. Remove from heat, cover loosely with foil, and let sit for 30-60 minutes.
5. Pull the meat apart with a knife and fork (or 2 forks) and serve. BBQ sauce on the side.
*Note - When cooking meat in the oven, place it on a metal rack on top of a foil-lined baking pan to catch any drippings.